Life is stressful! Work, school, relationships, family, friends, your health and so many more things that we can’t help, stress us out daily. Stress has such a negative impact on your health and overall well being that it’s important to take the time to destress yourself. Calming down in essence sounds really easy but in today’s world we’re all so used to running in overdrive that it can be hard to wind down. I’ve found a few ways to wind down that I think could really help if your feeling stressed. Some of them may sound a little cliche but they work pretty well for me.
- Taking A Long Shower/Bath- I love a nice relaxing shower! When I’m really trying to calm down I like to pretend that I’m literally washing all my problems and stress off of my skin. The key for me is using a nice smelling detoxifying cleanser, lighting a candle, and making sure I’ll have no interruptions.
- Running Through a Pretty Park Listening To Trap Music- Sounds kind of funny but I love looking at beautiful scenery while listening to songs that get me hype. If running or trap music is a “no, no” for you than you can listen to whatever music you like and walk if you’d like. Exercise has been proven to beat stress and build confidence and listening to music you like makes you happy. Not to mention sunlight and being around plants has also been linked to being less stressed.
- Sitting in Complete and Utter Silence for 5-10 minutes- sometimes, I have so much going on in my mind and externally that the best thing for me is to go somewhere quiet for 5-10 minutes and literally just sit there. The key is to not focus on any specific thing for too long and just breath. This is defiantly one of my favorite ways to relax. It’s easy and you can do just about anywhere you can get a little space or alone time.
- Clean up, Cook a Meal and Chill– Sometimes when everything feels like it’s falling apart around me, the best thing for me to do is to balance my space by decluttering the physical things in my life. I like to clean up, take a shower, pamper myself, cook a bomb ass dinner for one, maybe hit the bong a few times or have a drink. This is one of my favorites also. It defiantly takes some deliberate planning but, spending time with yourself is one of the best ways to bring balance and calm to your life
- Use a Meditation App- I’ve been meditating for years now. It really is a great way for me to find calm and peace and reflect on any decisions I’m struggling with. If you have tried to meditate before you know that it isn’t always easy to quiet your mind enough to get the experience you want/need. It certainly takes a lot of practice! That’s why I love using guided meditation apps. They’re easy to get and there are lots of them to choose from. The app I’m currently using is Headspace but I have used a couple of other apps that worked really well.
These are just a few of my favorite ways to calm TF down. The key to finding a good way to calm down is to try different things. Some days going running is enough and some times it’s not. That’s why it’s important to talk to others about different ways they like to calm down. Life is always throwing new things at you so you’ll probably have to keep trying new ways to destress. So I encourage you guys to try some of my ways but also to share some of your unique ways to calm down. Please comment ways you like to calm down in the comment section!
Thanks for reading and I hope you can Calm TF Down at some point today 😉.